Hostex Goes Green
In addition to an exhibition area of suppliers of green products and services, the Greenstuff Village will feature a Green Hotel, taking the form of a series of rooms typically found in a hotel, with a comprehensive showcase of green products. Each room – the bedroom, bathroom, restaurant, industrial kitchen/laundry and garden – will exhibit approximately a dozen pre-approved suppliers of green products and services, including furniture, linen, packaging, appliances, detergents and much more. This is the first time the hospitality industry will be able to experience a hotel that is green from floor to ceiling, inside and outside, furnished, equipped, serviced and operated with only green products.
The hotel will be manned by the Greenstuff team, who will explain the concept of “going green” to visitors and will offer impromptu “speaker’s corner” talks and tours through each room.
The exhibition area opposite the Green Hotel will consist of a selection of small, cost effective stands, offering green suppliers the opportunity for even greater exposure.
Spearheaded by highly regarded environmental consultant to the hospitality industry Lorraine Jenks, owner of Hotelstuff.co.za, the online directory of hospitality suppliers, the Greenstuff Village will provide the industry with a comprehensive showcase from which to source products and services that will provide them with the ability to become more environmental conscious. “It’s becoming increasingly important for companies in the hospitality industry to go green,” says Lorraine Jenks. “The top three priorities for many international tourists are now, firstly, location; secondly, environmental and social responsibility; and finally price. There is plenty of incentive for the industry to reduce their carbon footprint and “go green”, and we’ve been overwhelmed by the interest in doing so. The mini green hotel will be an ideal public platform from which to demonstrate the means to do so.”
“With stands of various sizes, the Greenstuff Village will be affordable and offer a targeted opportunity for providers of green products and services to showcase their services,” says Lynn Chamier, Exhibition Director of Hostex.
- GREEN GUEST ROOM – flooring, bed, linen, duvet, television, armoire, paint, wallpaper, lighting, etc.
- GREEN BATHROOM – bath, eco toilets, toilet tissue, amenities, hair dryer, towels, low-flow taps, etc.
- GREEN RESTAURANT – table, chairs, linen, crockery, cutlery, uniforms, flooring, organic foods, etc.
- GREEN KITCHEN AND LAUNDRY – appliances, dishwasher, freezers, cookers, disposal, cleaning chemicals, pest control, geysers, etc.
- GREEN PATIO – umbrella, furniture, heater, decking, etc.
- GREEN GARDEN AND EXTERIOR – solar and thermal solutions, waterwise plants, rain water tank, worm farm, waste management, greywater system, organic veggies, etc.
- GREEN SERVICES – energy management systems, carbon auditors, consultants, architects, waste water specialists, etc.
Hostex Cape takes place from 8 to 10 March 2010 at Cape Town International Convention Centre, from 10:00 to 18:00 daily.
ISSUED ON BEHALF OF HOSTEX CAPE BY STRATEGIC PUBLIC RELATIONS.